8 ways to celebrate an Eco friendly Holi
Holi, the festival of colors, is a beloved celebration in India and around the world. It symbolizes the victory of good over evil and the arrival of spring. However, the traditional way of celebrating Holi, which involves the use of water and chemical-based colored powders, can have a significant negative impact on the environment. But with a little bit of awareness and some simple changes, we can celebrate Holi in an eco-friendly manner, while still embracing the festive spirit. From using natural, non-toxic colors to minimizing water usage, there are many ways to make your Holi celebration more sustainable.
In this article, we will be discussing seven ways to celebrate Holi in an eco-friendly way, so you can continue to enjoy the festival without harming the environment, and at the same time, contribute to the preservation of our planet.
Whether you're planning a big celebration or a small gathering with family and friends, these tips will help you make the most of the festival while being mindful of the environment.
1. Natural Colors- Add some color to your life and the planet with eco-friendly Holi colors! Forget the chemical-based colors and opt for natural alternatives like turmeric, sandalwood, and henna. Not only are they safe for the environment but also for your skin, making your Holi celebration not only fun but also responsible. So, let's add some color to our life and the planet in an eco-friendly way.
2. Avoid Using Balloons & Plastic Bags- For a green Holi party, pop the balloons and dump the plastic bags! Water balloons and plastic packets of color are two examples of single-use things that are not only bad for the environment but also challenging to get rid of. Choose eco-friendly alternatives instead, such as reusable water bottles, cloth bags, and eco-friendly colors. Let's celebrate Holi in a way that is enjoyable and eco-friendly at the same time.
3. Use Eco-Friendly Cutlery For Holi Parties- Using reusable cutlery at Holi parties is the best way to ensure that the event is environmentally friendly. Reusable cutlery such as metal or bamboo utensils can be used again and again, reducing the need for single-use plastics. Using biodegradable cutlery made from materials like cornstarch is also a great option, as it will break down over time and minimize waste. By using eco-friendly cutlery, we can help to reduce the environmental impact of the party and do our part to protect the planet.
4. Choose green Holi gifts- Giving gifts to your loved ones at festivals is a great way to show some love and spread joy. Whether you are living with your family or living away from home, gifts always make everything better. But this Holi we urge you to choose gifts that are thoughtful, useful, and healthy. One example is our Limited edition Holi gift hamper. It is made with skin-friendly colors, handcrafted thandai, and natural soap. It is not just good for you but also for the environment. We believe in waste-free celebrations and it's time you choose better gifts.
5. Burn Planet-Friendly Waste For Holi Bonfire- Make your Holi bonfire planet-friendly with responsible waste burning! Instead of burning plastics and other hazardous materials, opt for natural and biodegradable waste like dry leaves, twigs and branches. Not only is it better for the environment but also helps in reducing pollution and promoting clean air. Let's make our Holi bonfire a symbol of responsibility and the preservation of the environment as well as joy and happiness.
6. Celebrate this colorful festival with flowers- Instead of using chemical-based colors, add a touch of nature to your Holi celebration by using flowers! They not only offer a lovely and aromatic touch to the celebration but are also a natural and secure solution. There are many ways to use flowers in your celebration, from flower garlands to flower petals. One can make a flower Rangoli for Holi celebration, it not only adds beauty but also can be easily composted at the end. This is a sustainable way to celebrate the festival and also helps in reducing waste and preserving the environment.
7. Save Water- Saving water during the Holi festival is essential to celebrate an eco-friendly Holi. Water scarcity is a major issue in many parts of the country, and it's important to be mindful of this when celebrating. By using as little water as possible and avoiding waste, we can conserve this precious resource and reduce our impact on the environment.
8. Use vegan skincare- Using vegan skincare during the Holi festival is a great way to celebrate an eco-friendly Holi. It not only protects the skin from harsh chemical-based colors but also from sun rays. Vegan skincare products are made with natural ingredients that are better for the skin and the environment. It's a way to ensure safety and preservation of the environment while enjoying the festival.
In conclusion, Holi is a time for joy and celebration, but it's also important to consider the impact of our celebrations on the environment. One way to make Holi more eco-friendly is to use reusable or biodegradable cutlery instead of single-use plastics. Another way is to make colorful rangoli instead of using chemical colors, which not only adds beauty to the celebration but also can be easily composted at the end. By making small changes to our celebrations, we can help to reduce waste and preserve the environment for future generations to enjoy. Furthermore, we can also encourage others to do the same and spread the message of sustainability. Let's celebrate Holi in an eco-friendly way and enjoy the festival in harmony with nature.
Check out our Eco friendly Holi hamper
Vegan skin care collection